BLUE CROSS AND BLUE SHIELD OF NORTH CAROLINA
2023 DRIVE FOR THE CURE 250 VIP RACE DAY EXPERIENCE SWEEPSTAKES
Official Rules and Mandatory Disclaimers
No purchase necessary to ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Entrant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older and a legal U.S. resident currently residing in NORTH CAROLINA AT TIME OF ENTRY. Void outside of North Carolina and where prohibited or restricted by law.
Entrant must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of North Carolina at the time of entry. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (“Sponsor” or “Blue Cross NC”), and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, assigns, agencies, affiliates, parents, subsidiaries and promotional partners, sales representatives, and promotion and other vendor agencies involved in this promotion (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and the immediate family (parents, spouses, siblings, children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members, whether or not related, of all such employees, are NOT eligible to enter or win. By participating, Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (including all decisions with respect to the selection of winners and the interpretation of these Official Rules), which are binding and final on matters relating to this Telehealth Registration Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”).
The following are NOT eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes: Employees, officers, and directors of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (“Sponsor” or “Blue Cross NC”), Intersport, Inc. (“Administrator”), MoZeus, Inc., Charlotte Motor Speedway (the “Venue”), NASCAR and the Xfinity Racing Series and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, advertising, promotional or any other agencies or entities involved in the design, execution, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate families (including spouse, biological, adoptive orz step-parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, or spouse of any of the foregoing, regardless of where they reside), or households (whether related or not) of any of the foregoing.
By participating, Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Administrator (including all decisions with respect to the selection of winners and the interpretation of these Official Rules), which are binding and final on matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- PROMOTION TIMING AND ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes starts at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 26, 2023 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 5, 2023 (the “Entry Period”). Winner Selection Date: October 6, 2023.
- HOW TO ENTER: Two ways to enter:
1) Via online entry. Complete online form and Submit online by www.DFTC250PaceCar.comand follow the instructions posted on the Website.
2) Via Mail-In Submission: Submit a postcard with your name to: Attn: Kristi Butler, Blue Cross NC “2023 DRIVE FOR THE CURE 250 VIP RACE DAY EXPERIENCE SWEEPSTAKES” Sweepstakes, Attn: Business Owner, PO Box 2291, Durham, NC 27702-2291
During the Entry Period, consumers can participate by either mail-in submission described above, or by visiting the Sweepstakes website, www.DFTC250PaceCar.com and submitting all required entry information, including Entrant’s first and last name, email, phone number, gender, date of birth, state residency, whether or not Entrant is a member of Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina, Signature (as described below), and by confirming Entrant’s review and acceptance of these Official Rules (each, an “Entry”). Being a member of Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina is not required to participate in the Sweepstakes.
Limit of one entry per person regardless of method of entry. All Entries for the Sweepstakes that comply with these Official Rules must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on October 5, 2023 to be eligible. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, the owner of the email address submitted shall be deemed to be the official “Entrant” into the Sweepstakes rather than the person completing the Entry.
Any attempt by any person to submit Entries by using any other methods will void that person’s Entry and that person will be disqualified. As part of the Entry process, all Entrants will be given the opportunity to vote for their preferred car design to then be placed on the official pace car (the “Pace Car”) for the Xfinity Racing Series event currently titled the “Drive for the Cure 250” (the “Race”) scheduled to take place at the Venue on October 7, 2023 (the “Race Date”). Entries containing any of the following will be disqualified, as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion: lewd or profane material; material that violates or infringes on another’s rights, including privacy, publicity or intellectual property; material that is hateful or defamatory; material that promotes bigotry, racism, or harm against a group or individual or promotes discrimination; material that is unlawful or in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state; or material deemed by Administrator, in its sole discretion, to be otherwise inappropriate. Administrator makes the final determination as to which Entries are eligible to be included in the graphic on the Pace Car. By entering, each Entrant: i) warrants that the vote complies with these Official Rules, and ii) grants Sponsor, Administrator, MoZeus, Inc., the Venue, NASCAR and the Xfinity Racing Series and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, advertising, promotional or any other agencies or entities involved in the design, execution, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (collectively the “Released Parties”) the perpetual, unlimited and irrevocable right to post, publish, adapt, edit, make derivative works and/or otherwise use the information included in the Entry in any manner, including copyright, and in any media now known or hereafter developed. The Released Parties and each of their respective agencies, affiliates, parents, subsidiaries and their promotional partners, sales representatives, distributors, directors, officers, employees, agents, assigns, and successors-in-interest and any advertising, promotion or other vendor agencies involved in this promotion are NOT responsible for any lost, late, or misdirected Entries or prize notifications.
- DETERMINATION AND NOTIFICATION OF PRIZE WINNERS: One (1) potential Prize winner will be selected on or about October 6, 2023 (the “Selection Date”) by random drawing from among all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. The Administrator will make up to three (3) attempts to contact the potential Prize winner via phone. Messages/voicemails will not be left. If Administrator is unable to reach the potential Prize winner within this time frame, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate will be selected and notified, time permitting. The potential Prize winner will then be required to execute and return via email the eligibility documentation set forth in Section 6 below upon accepting the prize or the prize may be forfeited and an alternate may be selected, time permitting.
If potential Prize winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, if notification or eligibility documentation is returned as undeliverable, or if Administrator is unable to contact potential Prize winner within the above time period, such potential Prize winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety and an alternate potential Prize winner will be selected at random from among the remaining eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. Final designation as the Prize winner depends on verification of eligibility as determined by Administrator, including but not limited to the requirements set forth in Section 7 below.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. One (1) will be selected on the Selection Date. The Prize for the Sweepstakes and the approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize are as follows.
The “Prize” consists of the following:
- Two (2) tickets to the Race;
- One (1) parking pass for the Race; and
- The opportunity for the Prize winner and (1) guest to ride along in the Pace Car after completing all required eligibility documentation including any required waivers from the Venue.
The Prize has an ARV of Five Hundred US Dollars ($500.00).
Prize must be used on date specified or prize will be forfeited. The Prize does not include transportation, accommodations, tips, gratuities; all incidental expenses; and all other costs and expenses not otherwise expressly referenced herein as being part of the Prize. All federal state and local taxes on a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will comply with necessary tax obligations. The Prize is non-transferable and no substitution or cash equivalent is allowed except in Administrator’s sole discretion. Administrator reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of the same approximate retail value. The Prize consists only of items specifically listed as part of the Prize. All costs and expenses not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winner. All Prize details are subject to change in Administrator’s sole discretion. Winner acknowledges that the Race is dependent on weather and other factors outside the control of Administrator or Sponsor. If the Race Date changes, the Prize will be awarded on the rescheduled date for the Race. If the Race is canceled, Sponsor will award a prize of equal or greater value, in their sole discretion. In the event the Prize winner or his/her guest(s) engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion) is inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to remove the winner and/or his/her guest(s) from the Race, in whole or in part, and send the Prize winner and guests home with no further compensation to the Prize winner.
- WINNER DOCUMENTATION: The potential winner of the Prize will be required to complete the following eligibility documentation within one (1) calendar day of the successful notification that the Entrant is the potential Prize winner:
- Prize acceptance documentation,
- Publicity Release;
- Venue Release;
- Other required eligibility documentation provided by Administrator.
If potential Prize winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules or if the potential Prize winner fails or refuses to execute any required eligibility documentation such potential Prize winner will forfeit the Prize in its entirety and an alternate potential Prize winner may be selected, time permitting. Guests attending the Race with the Prize winner (or parent or legal guardian attending as a guest for any minor attending) may be required to complete a Venue Release or other release forms provided by Sponsor or Administrator prior to use of prize. The Prize will be fulfilled at the discretion of Sponsor and Administrator.
- ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS: Entrant grants to the Released Parties a royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable license and right to exploit the contents of his or her Entry, and any ancillary and subsidiary rights therein, in any medium through the world in perpetuity for editorial, educational, promotional, publicity, or advertising purposes, including without limitation the right to edit, publish, use, adapt, exploit, modify, copy, disseminate, or dispose of the Entry without further compensation or notification of any kind (the “License”), except as prohibited by law. Entrant explicitly acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor reserves the right to publish any or all content of the Entrant’s Entry with or without further consent from the Entrant, and entries that attempt to restrict this right will not be considered.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: The winner must grant to the Released Parties and their designees the irrevocable and royalty-free right to the use of the winner’s first/last name, address (city/state), picture, likeness, voice, video, biographical information and statements, and Prize information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering, each Entrant agrees to accept and abide by these Official Rules and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of the Sweepstakes, rule interpretation or award of the Prize, shall be resolved by Administrator, whose decision shall be binding and final, and cannot be disputed or appealed. By participating, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any injury, loss or damage to person or property, including death or property damage due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, travel to or from the Venue, or any other activity related to participation in the Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical, printing, or other error in the printing of these Official Rules, or any network, computer, mechanical, electronic, human or other errors or problems in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the delivery of any messages, or in the announcement of the Prize, including such error that may give an erroneous indication that the Prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor or Administrator is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes, or the integrity or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, acts of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the control of Administrator or Sponsor (each a “Force Majeure Event”), Administrator shall have the right, in its sole discretion, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If Administrator, in its discretion, elects to terminate or cancel the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure Event, Administrator reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the Prize from among all valid and eligible Entries received for the Sweepstakes up to the time of such Force Majeure Event. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and are not returnable. None of the Released Parties shall be responsible for any limitations that prevent a Prize winner from accepting or using the Prize.
The elements of the Prize are awarded “as is” with no guarantees or warranties, either express or implied. The Released Entities make no representations or warranties in connection with the Sweepstakes or any of the elements of the Prize and expressly disclaim all warranties and rights implied by statute or otherwise, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, destroyed, inaccurate, delayed, incomplete, unintelligible, non-delivered, misdirected, stolen entries; or for incomplete, inaccurate, lost, interrupted or unavailable network, satellite, telephone networks or lines, cellular towers or equipment (including handsets), computer on-line systems, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs, servers or providers, or other connections, availability or accessibility; or for unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; or miscommunications, failed computer, telephone, cellular, satellite, or cable transmissions, lines or other technical failure; or for jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or for any other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical, electronic or network, including, without limitation, any errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes, as solely determined by Administrator, will be disqualified (and all associated Entries will be void), and Administrator reserves the right to terminate such Entrant’s eligibility to participate in this or any other promotion offered by Sponsor. Entries generated by robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process will be disqualified. The Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Administrator’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of Administrator, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of Entries, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select the Prize winner from all non-suspect, eligible Entries received for such drawing prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Administrator. Without limiting the release provided above, and for greater certainty, the Released Parties will not be liable for (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by wireless device users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries; (b) the theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; (c) any problems with or technical malfunctions of telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (d) any failure of any message to be received by or from Administrator for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the internet or wireless waves or at any website or combination thereof; or (e) damage to an Entrant’s or other person’s system or equipment occasioned by participation in the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to ownership of the winning Entry, the authorized account holder of the email account at the time of Entry used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. “Authorized account holder” is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an email account.
- APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION: The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the state of North Carolina. All disputes arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in North Carolina. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the state of North Carolina and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the state of North Carolina. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in the Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
- WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the Prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by October 31, 2023 to: Intersport, Inc. 303 East Wacker Drive, Suite 2200, Chicago, IL 60601 Attn: Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina 2023 Drive for the Cure 250 VIP Race Day Experience Sweepstakes Winner.
- MATERIAL DISCLOSURE FOR ALL ADVERTISING, WEBSITE, ETC.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void outside of North Carolina and where prohibited. The BLUE CROSS AND BLUE SHIELD OF NORTH CAROLINA 2023 DRIVE FOR THE CURE 250 VIP RACE DAY EXPERIENCE SWEEPSTAKES starts at 12:01 a.m. ET on September 26, 2023 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 5, 2023. Open to legal U.S. residents currently residing in North Carolina, 18+. For rules, including how to enter, prize and odds of winning, go to www.DFTC250PaceCar.com/officialrules.
Sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina, 4615 University Drive, Durham, NC 27707.
BLUE CROSS®, BLUE SHIELD® and the Cross and Shield Symbols are registered marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, an association of independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans. Blue Cross NC is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA).